AWheavy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, welcome to the forums. We will talk about the server.

5 posters

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction

dufirefly
    dufirefly

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction

Post  dufirefly Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:18 am

Apparently the "Virtue" faction has been disbanded

this concerns/affects me and the many other virtue members this also affects the faction "preditors" which have an alliance and trade route with the "Virtue"

last night was the first night(AUS time) of me actually being able to play on the server, I was greeted by a nice bloke whom belonged to the "Virtue" i found him to be very helpful and i was invited to his faction. soon a few other members of virtue joined and was pleased to see that they were civilized and as helpful as the other virtue member i had encountered.

stepkill12 (16 hours ago) wrote:
    WHEAVY NINJA DISBANDED VIRTUE BECAUSE I CLAIMED LAND AT SPAWN CUZ HERO WAS KILLING ME IT PROTECTED ME FROM HIM AND NOW VIRTUE IS DISBANDED IM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER PLEASE GET NINJA BANNED HE DIDENT SAY THAT I CANT CLAIM AT SPAWN
    (located on Awheavys YouTube wall https://www.youtube.com/user/AWheavy)

I DO NOT see why these actions were the ones chosen by the admin/mod

personally i think he should of discussed this with stepkill and removed the land that was "to close to spawn". The land that was claimed was actually empty, and seeing as he was being KILLED (i presume several times)this dose not seam as such an inappropriate action giving the situation by step killer.

The admin proceeded to say that their were no people online belonging to virtue to talk to when he disbanded the faction,BUT STRANGELY ENOUGH their were TWO members of "virtue" in-game (Gogglesmcgum and dog).

Gogglesmcgum was able to contact a faction leader who then proceeded to relay the information to me.
    when the faction leader joined the server to question the admin/mod he said that "it was to close to spawn and their was not even any buildings" when the faction leader asked said admin/mod to TP to him the admin saw that the faction "virtue" actually was very built up" and proceed to say "oh well"

it is NOT said in forum rules that you are forbidden from owning land near spawn.

Wheavy wrote:Wheavy Server Consequence list

+Griefing- 4 Minutes per block
    OR, If large griefing amount,(more than 20 blocks)
    it will be considered a bannable offence

+SPeed Hacking/ Flying
    1st offence- 5 minute Jail time
    2nd offence- 20 minute jail time
    3rd offence- 1 hour BAN time

+Breaking into chests
    Inventory CLEar/or equal item value removed from chest.
    2nd offence- 20 minute jail time
    3rd offence- (MAjor theft) Bannable offence

IP=24.184.191.51
    (https://awheavy.forumotion.com/t1-the-rules-of-the-server)(Last edited by Wheavy on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total)

Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty Re: MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction

Post  Bobby_L Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:07 pm

It has been known a long time that there is to be no land claimed at spawn. For instance Mineguard was moved by red. Second thing when i was on at that time the 2 memebers were not on when i disbanded it and did not complain whatsoever till you went on they could have told me but no they just assumed and contacted you. So it is you own fault for just assuming thing. You could have contacted us through this forum to tell us someones spawn camping you and if they are wage war and ask your so called faction members to help you.
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty Re: MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction

Post  Bobby_L Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:09 pm

Those rules were not discussed with all admins so theres another reason.
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:38 am

Well then read the forum page Cool
    Silv3r
    Silv3r

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty Rules

Post  Silv3r Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Seeing as the server is having problems, i haven't been on much at all.
    I don't think rules were updated to meet faction needs but OBVIOUSLY spawn cannot be claimed as faction land. Bobby idk what you did but it is near impossible for them to claim the spawn area as faction land. I don't think you should have disbanded them but i am not aware of the circumstances.
    Spawn killing (not refering to killing at spawn as that is also impossible) is not against the rules. If you grief in the process to get out of being spawn killed , you are still griefing! Claiming land is never against the rules unless its over the faction "Admin" and if u refuse to remove what you have claimed, admins can, A) forcefully remove the claimed land and/or B) Disband your faction if it's deemed necessary. I'll work on updating rules for those who want to refer to it whenever something happens.

Pro Tips
    **DONT ASK ADMINS TO TP YOU OUT OF SOMETHING, YOU CAN USE /SPAWN AND GET OUT**
    **DONT GRIEF CUZ WE COMIN AFTER YOU**
    **KILLING OTHER PLAYERS IS OFTEN FUN =D**
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Well i dont think its impossible 3 factions claimed land near spawn o-o
    dufirefly
    dufirefly

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty really, i mean really?

Post  dufirefly Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:49 am

i'v had at lease 2 members tell of contacting you "bobby j" (check logs)
    oh and they did contact you before it was brought to my attention

the problem is that, it is not known that you cannot claim land near spawn.
    Before i even logged onto server i read the rules on forum, please update them.

the other issue is the action that you CHOSE to do, you could of just removed the claimed land and told the person who claimed it that they could not and given them a verbal warning

*please don't reprimand a whole group of people for the actions of the few, deal with the few, you will have a very well run faction that is very Curtis.

*think about the actions you take as admin Very Happy

*update forums please! (very important for newbies)

-I have allot of admin experience just take the above as advice and please DON'T be critical Razz, thank you
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:09 pm

Well

1. Server was lagging like hell I probably missed the messages.
    2. The person who claimed it did not respond when I called his name.
    3. No idea how to only unclaim land.
    Silv3r
    Silv3r

Post  Silv3r Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:05 pm

I can't edit wheavy's post -.-
    I'll let him know to edit the rules when everything is running smooth again =D
    dufirefly
    dufirefly

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty sorry mate you lose

Post  dufirefly Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:01 am

Bobby_L wrote:Well

1. Server was lagging like hell I probably missed the messages.
    2. The person who claimed it did not respond when I called his name.
    3. No idea how to only unclaim land.
    I'm sorry bobby but i think i remember you saying something very particular... oh yea

Bobby_L wrote: -but no they just assumed-

please don't be hypocritical.(you have access to logs and you could of just typed /f list )

let me just get this one bit straight you were not competent enough to know the admin commands so you changed from just removing ownership of land to...um... upsetting over 9 people.

I'm not going to take this any further, just please become a more culpable admin.
    -cheers
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:26 am

I said those thing because I had already disbanded it and when I called ster to ask why he didn't respond and your not the only faction that I disbanded because of claiming land. There was no way for me to undo it cause of lag. Your side of the argument is centering you have more exp and what does that prove you play mc alot more then me? I have a life if you do not know. If I'm suppose to be a "good" admin then try to make wheavy have the server on more. And go fix all the grief problems in the server and if that factions disbandment created a huge problem take it as a check if your faction is active. I said o well because I only saw of the faction virtue is the near the spawn. He showed me the land after it was disbanded. 1 rule I'm prolly going to add to the server is tha all factions must show them there mainland and don't claiming random land. I do not regret my actions because it all center around mc is a game and faction land near spawn was claimed. This topic is closed and I will try to bring virtue back if the server comes up again, don't cry over everything. Tell me the command to bring it back, since your the best and have so much knowledge.
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:28 am

[b]ANY MORE POST IN THIS TOPIC WILL NOT BE CHECKED OR ANSWERED!
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Hey Bobbie
    guess what

hot potatoes aren't cold
    oh
    oh
    oh
    guess what
    cold potatoes aren't hot
    lol!
    oh and yer the reason ster wasn't on cos he was playin a different game so he couldn't respond and dufirefly said
    "Gogglesmcgum and dog" were on not ster read before accusing Smile
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Bobby_L wrote:Well i dont think its impossible 3 factions claimed land near spawn o-o
    yer this kind of messis you up with the claimed land AT spawn as u said NEAR SPAWN
    fail mate Surprised
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:30 pm

Sign lemon you know what i mean near spawn and at spawn. and those 2 were not on when i was i only saw ster.
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:29 am

and yes there where gogglesmcgum was on cos i was in a skype call with him

Last edited by l3m0z on Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    dufirefly
    dufirefly

MOD / ADMIN (S) we need a discussion about the disbandment of the "Virtue" faction Empty advantage dufirefly

Post  dufirefly Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:36 am

Bobby_L wrote:I said those thing because I had already disbanded it and when I called ster to ask why he didn't respond and your not the only faction that I disbanded because of claiming land. There was no way for me to undo it cause of lag. Your side of the argument is centering you have more exp and what does that prove you play mc alot more then me? I have a life if you do not know. If I'm suppose to be a "good" admin then try to make wheavy have the server on more. And go fix all the grief problems in the server and if that factions disbandment created a huge problem take it as a check if your faction is active. I said o well because I only saw of the faction virtue is the near the spawn. He showed me the land after it was disbanded. 1 rule I'm prolly going to add to the server is tha all factions must show them there mainland and don't claiming random land. I do not regret my actions because it all center around mc is a game and faction land near spawn was claimed. This topic is closed and I will try to bring virtue back if the server comes up again, don't cry over everything. Tell me the command to bring it back, since your the best and have so much knowledge.

i did not state that i am a better admin than you nor did i state that i play Mincraft allot but i can assure you that i do not have allot time to be spending on Minecraft because of school, work, exercise, friends and my girlfriend.
    (I am totally not being condescending just implying just as you did)

Do not try to blame this on other issues with the server, being a "good" or responsible admin is your own decision and disbanding such a big faction on the server is not a good or responsible decision.
    I'm not crying at all I'm am just frustrated that a lack of competence could disband such a big faction.(we had 9+ members not to mention the partnership with another faction)

YOU are ADMIN to STOP GREIFING!

By the way: culpable = responsible, it dose not mean "good"
    : competent = something along the lines of having sufficient skill, knowledge or experience.

Sorry for my bad English.

xRedxMenacex
    xRedxMenacex

Post  xRedxMenacex Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:28 pm

For those of you that think it is a good idea to argue with server admins about where land can and. cannot be claimed, I advise you to cut your losses. This thread is really starting to piss me off and I don't want to deal with it ADMIN WORD IS SERVER LAW
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:42 pm

well then look what silv3r wrote
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Alrite how about this, its my fault cuz i was removing claimed land near spawn. You guys happy? and l3m0z i already said this post is closed one more and your banned and by all means if im such a bad admin then ill just stop doing work and let you guys fix your own problems. Im the only admin that will go out of my way when someone calls me to go on to minecraft and help you ungrateful .......
    Silv3r
    Silv3r

Post  Silv3r Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:15 pm

Wtf we not moderators on the forum
    I cant close this MF
    Wheavy just made a group called moderator he didnt make us moderators. Wow... o_O
    Btw Bobby Smells =P
    Im about to troll till i can close this topic -.-
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:19 pm

I might smell but u smell like a creeper poop o-o
    l3m0z

Post  l3m0z Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:44 am

I agree with silv3r that u smell
    dufirefly
    dufirefly

Post  dufirefly Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:47 am

uh ello red menace? dont you relise i was trolling, their is nothing that you can do to restore virtue, and no admins have been on for us to receate it.

i am mostly trolling bobby derp derp

and at the same time adding suttle insults and also critisising his actions, herp.

haters gonna hate.

speaking about the above, now that the server is up could someone please recreate the faction "virtue" and make Lem0nz the faction leader. I would really appreciate it Thank you!. sunny

l3m0nz and i have built a really nice faction HQ that we would really like to claim before it gets greifed.
    Bobby_L
    Bobby_L

Post  Bobby_L Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:51 pm

Now that i know its trolling im gonna troll too. Hehe watch and learn.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:39 pm